United Way’s 2-1-1 Call Center provides a free and confidential service that helps people across East Central Alabama find the local resources they need, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Every day local residents turn to 2-1-1 for information and support—whether financial, domestic, health, or disaster-related. 2-1-1 is a free, confidential referral and information helpline and website that connects people from all communities and of all ages to the essential health and human services they need, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
2-1-1 can be accessed by phone or computer. A toll-free call to 2-1-1 connects you to a local community resource specialist who can put you in touch with local organizations that provide critical services that can improve lives.
• supplemental food and nutrition programs
• shelter and housing options and utilities assistance
• emergency information and disaster relief
• employment and education opportunities
• services for veterans
• addiction prevention and rehabilitation programs
• support groups for individuals and families
• a safe, confidential path out of domestic violence or abuse
Whether in times of natural disaster or personal crisis, 2-1-1 is committed to being the first, most essential resource to anyone who needs help.
Call 2-1-1 and speak with a live, highly trained service professional from any cell phone or landline. All calls are private and confidential.