You are not alone. Every day people across Alabama turn to 2-1-1 for information and support—whether financial, domestic, health or disaster-related. 2-1-1 is a free, confidential referral and information helpline and website that connects people from all communities and of all ages to the essential health and human services they need, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
2-1-1 can be accessed by phone or computer. A toll-free call to 2-1-1 connects you to a community resource specialist right here in your area who can put you in touch with local organizations that provide critical services that can improve—and save—lives. You’ll find information about:
• supplemental food and nutrition programs
• shelter and and utilities assistance
• emergency information and disaster relief
• education opportunities
• services for veterans
• support groups for individuals with mental illnesses or special needs
• a safe, confidential path out of physical and/or emotional domestic abuse
Whether in times of natural disaster or personal crisis, 2-1-1 is committed to being the first, most essential resource to anyone who needs help. Help us spread the word by telling your family, friends, neighbors & co-workers about 2-1-1. You never know who may be in need of help or assistance.